KMC specializes in treatment of respiratory diseases such as pulmonary tuberculosis, Pneumonia, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Bronchial Asthma and Lung Cancer etc. In addition, the following facilities are available in KMC to support pulmonology department:
• Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)
• Cardiopulmonary Exercise Tests
• Peak flow metery
• Pleural Biopsy
KMC provides state of the art Gastroenterology and hematology service in Kabul Afghanistan. A new Endoscopy unit was commissioned in 2017 with latest Pentax Chrome-endoscopy system. Chrome-endoscopy is the new technique for the early detection of cancers. KMC is only center in Kabul- Afghanistan for providing Chrome-endoscopy service.
KMC provides state of the art endoscopy service equipped with latest Pentax chrom-endoscopy systems for the assessment of gastro intestinal disease.
Fibro scan service:
RMI uniquely offer fibro scan service for assessment of liver diseases, the only organization to offer the service in Afghanistan.
Hepatitis B & C Counselling:
Hepatitis counselling service for hepatitis B and C patients
Other simple and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures:
Following simple and therapeutic endoscopy procedures are carried out at KMC.
• EGD (Esophagi-gastro- duodenoscopy)
• Colonoscopy (Examination of large Gut)
• ERCP (Endoscopic- retrograde-pancreatography)
The following therapeutic procedures are performed.
• Removal of a tissue sample for biopsy
• Removal of foreign bodies
• Removal of polyps (polypectomy)
• Stopping bleeding from varices, Gastric and duodenal ulcers. (sclerotherapy and banding)
• Removal of stones from CBD
• Placement of Pancreato-biliary, esophageal, duodenal and colonic stents.
• Dilatation of strictures in upper and lower gastrointestinal
• Feeding tubes (PEG) and PEJ
Karimi Medical Complex offers most advanced and sophisticated center for head injuries, spinal injuries, strokes and other neurological disorders, including epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease and aneurysms etc. KMC is the only hospital in Afghanistan to provide deep brain stimulation treatment for certain movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease.
A multi-disciplined team of Consultant Neuro-physicians and Physiotherapists provide specialized treatment to the patients of:
• Myasthenia’s gravis
The facilities which KMC provides to assist neurology department are:
• CT Scan
• Cerebral Angiography
• Doppler Ultrasound machine
• NCS Nerve Conduction Studies